In this Webinar COVID-19 collection we will certainly check out the SF concern throughout 5 point of views:
1) Illicit sale of medications online throughout different systems consisting of social networks
2) SF study in Rwanda– Frontline Community Pharmacy Perspective
3) Role of Education, Training & Advocacy in increasing recognition & avoidance of SF clinical items.
4) Role of Pharmaceutical Industry in combating SF clinical items throughout COVID-19
5) Role of Youth Leadership
Lina Bader, Lead for Workforce Transformation and also Development, FIP – the Netherlands
1. Oksana Pyzik, Senior Teaching Fellow & Global Engagement Lead, UCL School of Pharmacy – UK
2. Maryam Jetha, UCL Fight The Fakes Student Co-Lead, UCL School of Pharmacy – UK
3. Mike Isles, Executive Director of Alliance of Safe Online Pharmacies – UK
4. Flandrie Habyarimana, Founder & President Rwandan Community Pharmacists Union – Rwanda
5. Stanislas Barro, Global Head of Anti-Counterfeiting Norvatis – Switzerland
As the coronavirus pandemic insurance claims numerous countless lives around the world, an identical dilemma of substandard as well as misstated (SF) clinical items declaring to stop, deal with, discover and also heal COVID-19 intimidates to include in the expanding casualty.
Presently, without reliable and also risk-free vaccination readily available, a huge home window of possibility has actually opened up for bad guys to manipulate afraid populaces as well as medication lacks triggered by the dilemma to offer phony coronavirus medications, IVD examination sets, anti-bacterials, masks and also various other clinical items for substantial earnings.
The WHO has actually determined falsified chloroquine throughout drug stores and also health centers in Niger, DRC and also Uganda and also over $14 million USD well worth of phony clinical items related to COVID-19 have actually been taken by police so far. These low quality or straight-out phony medications might create illness development, poisoning, special needs and also in the worst-case situations also fatality.